Arkansas Nursing Home Injury Law Firm Protects the Elderly
Helping families get justice for loved ones injured by negligence
When we send our parents or loved ones to a nursing home, we expect them to get the care they need. A nursing home or assisted living facility should be a safe and restful place. Unfortunately, injuries at nursing homes are common and often caused by negligence. When your parent has been hurt in their assisted living or nursing home, the Arkansas nursing home injury lawyers at the firm of James & Carter PLC can help. We serve Bentonville, Rogers and the entire state of Arkansas.
Common causes of nursing home injuries
There are many types of negligence or nursing home abuse which lead to injury. Some of the most common causes of preventable injuries in adult care facilities include:
- Inadequate staff. When there are not enough workers present, the elderly can be forced to wait long periods of time for assistance or care. This can result in bedsores, malnutrition, dehydration and pressure ulcers.
- Improper training. Poorly trained workers can make medication errors. Their actions can also cause injury during transportation or care.
- Medication errors. Any mistake in dosage or administration of medication has the potential for serious injury. Overdose or missed doses of certain medications can be fatal. Mixing the wrong medications can have long-lasting and dangerous side effects.
- One form of abuse is neglect. Your loved one’s health can suffer if they are not provided with proper nutrition and care.
- Physical and sexual abuse. Sadly, some harm is intentional. In these cases, our attorneys are focused on getting your family justice and holding the offender liable.
- Emotional abuse. Some abuse doesn’t leave marks. Yelling, threatening and depriving your loved one of social interaction are all forms of emotional abuse.
- General negligence. Nursing homes, like all other facilities, must be made reasonably safe for visitors. This means our attorneys can help your loved one if they have slipped, tripped or fallen due to certain hazards.
Our attorneys work with medical experts to determine the cause of your parent’s injuries. Once we determine who is liable, we can bring an action for damages to get your family justice.
Arkansas nursing home residents have rights
In addition to the rights that all citizens have, Arkansas law provides residents of nursing homes with additional privileges. Residents are entitled to a clean living space and to be kept safe and clean. They are entitled to information about what is happening to them. Patients have the right to be free from restraints, except when prescribed by a doctor or for necessary protection. You have rights concerning the development of your plan of care and access to healthcare. Nursing home occupants should be treated politely and fairly and should not be subject to abuse. When these rights are violated, our knowledgeable elder care attorneys can help.
Allow our experienced legal team to assist your injured loved one
When your parent has suffered an injury in their nursing home, you may feel helpless. Fortunately, you are already taking the right steps toward a positive resolution by looking for an attorney. The Arkansas lawyers at James & Carter PLC represent those who have suffered an injury in a hospice or nursing home due to the negligence of the institution or an employee. To learn more about how we can help your family get justice, call us at 866.716.3242 or contact us online.